People need to use common sense when deciding to evacuate or not. I remember staying for Lili, and waited too long to leave and then it was too late. I know expense is a variable for many deciding to evacuate, but it is better to err on the side of caution. I just don't trust that Isaac will not bomb before it makes landfall.
Evacuate/not to evacuate is a very personal decision. Myself, after riding the night of Hurricane Cindy, a very minimal hurricane, I swore anything anticipated stronger than a Cat. 1 and I'm outta here.
I slept through Cindy and didn't even know about it until I got to work! With that said anything below a cat3 I'm staying. It's just my Husband and I now so we feel comfortable with that.
Sitting about 40 ft above sea level in far eastern St Tammany, not worried about surge or rain flooding. Trees always an issue and being without power for a prolonged period of time are a concern. Unless he really ramps up we'll probably stay, but we're in a position to be able to get out of here very late in the game or afterwards if it gets really bad. Very concerned for the Slidell area......everything south of Fremaux is at risk depending on the angle and speed, that could reach all the way up to Gause Blvd in some areas because of some of the drainage canals and bayous that run through the city.
Yea my parents live in Grand Champions in Slidell, they are still deciding what to do. Me in BR, I think I will be fine, at least from flooding. But I'm prepared nonetheless to get up and go if need be.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2012 9:26:15 GMT -6 by spizzo2386
Let me tell you something, now that I am looking at the radar, the GFS showed this days ago that most of the convection was going to be north of the system affecting S FL as it tracked close to the Keys. Very impressive forecast by the GFS.
Post by greenhouse12grower on Aug 26, 2012 9:30:54 GMT -6
Well I don't know about everyone else but no way I am staying for any cane in New Orleans not when we are below sea-level,and not to mention how many times have we seen a storm bomb out in the gulf!!Who is to say this won't become a cat 3 or 4