Post by grisairgasm on May 4, 2021 14:19:49 GMT -6
Interested to see the evolution of storms on the Northshore. Some indications from the Fox 8 model seemed to show the line weakening as it approaches Lake Ponchartrain from the N n W. If that happened, we may get that huge outflow if / as they collapse. A gust front. There is tremendous energy and instability in the entire SE right now.
Tornado Watch Number 149 NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK 330 PM CDT Tue May 4 2021
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a
* Tornado Watch for portions of Central and southern Alabama Western Florida Panhandle Southeast Louisiana Southern to east-central Mississippi Coastal Waters
* Effective this Tuesday afternoon and evening from 330 PM until 1000 PM CDT.
* Primary threats include... A few tornadoes possible Widespread damaging winds and isolated significant gusts to 80 mph likely Isolated large hail events to 1.5 inches in diameter possible
SUMMARY...Mature squall line will progress east from Mississippi across central and southern portions of Alabama. Widespread damaging winds and brief tornadoes are expected.
The tornado watch area is approximately along and 115 statute miles east and west of a line from 35 miles west of Mobile AL to 30 miles east northeast of Tuscaloosa AL. For a complete depiction of the watch see the associated watch outline update (WOUS64 KWNS WOU9).
REMEMBER...A Tornado Watch means conditions are favorable for tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements and possible warnings.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service New Orleans LA 333 PM CDT Tue May 4 2021
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... St. Helena Parish in southeastern Louisiana... Southeastern West Feliciana Parish in southeastern Louisiana... East Feliciana Parish in southeastern Louisiana... Northern Tangipahoa Parish in southeastern Louisiana... Northeastern East Baton Rouge Parish in southeastern Louisiana... Northwestern Washington Parish in southeastern Louisiana... Walthall County in southern Mississippi... Pike County in southern Mississippi... Southeastern Wilkinson County in southern Mississippi... Amite County in southern Mississippi...
* Until 415 PM CDT.
* At 333 PM CDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from near Bogue Chitto to near Zachary, moving east at 50 mph.
HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.
IMPACT...Hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage to roofs, siding, and trees.
This includes the following Interstates... Interstate 55 in Louisiana between mile markers 45 and 66. Interstate 55 in Mississippi between mile markers 1 and 24.
A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 600 PM CDT for southeastern Louisiana...and southern Mississippi. A Tornado Watch also remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT for southeastern Louisiana...and southern Mississippi.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building.